Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ups and Downs

Well it's been a funny old week.
On the one hand I have cool kids drawing me surreal pictures like this:
and chatting away to me with funny stories.
On the other hand, the Library is undergoing an organisational review, which has all the staff unsettled.
It's being done by an external consultant, and so far all I know about her is that she has been at Christchurch Public Library, where they outsourced their Technical Services department (which is the area where I have my permanent job...) and she had a hand in starting up the Kotui library consortium of which we are now a part.
So, no matter what happens, this will be the start of another sort of adventure for me since I first took this temporary position at Roslyn Library.
Watch this space!
PS. There are some absolutely lovely families and individuals who come to this Library. And then there are people like the father of the girl who drew me the cool picture above. When he came to pick up his kids, he didn't even bother coming inside the Library, he just yelled through the window "What the f*** is taking you so long?!" I'm thinking of starting up a service where I loan out kids to caring parents, so they get a better chance in life. That's probably not legal, but I don't think some of the parents would even notice their kids had gone.

Song of the day: Hopefully my job won't be Outsourced to aliens from outer space like in this song.
Book of the day: People Follow You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment