Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Let me eat cake!

Finally!
After weeks of me saying “why don’t any of you kids bring me any cakes?!”, one of them finally brought me a very nice tiny little chocolate chip cupcake.
About time!
Just how rude and insistent does a librarian have to get before someone will give him cake?
Pretty darn rude, it turns out.
I wanted to show my appreciation so I scoffed it before I could take a photo of it, but just so you get the idea, it looked a bit like this:
(Not to scale)

I guess I should make a full declaration and tell you that only yesterday an absolutely lovely customer gave me a box of chocolates for nothing other than the fact that I gave her back her credit card wallet after she left it in the Library.
I tried to explain that it wasn't a huge effort on my part, but even as I was saying it, the chocolates were sliding inexorably toward my side of the counter. My hand was acting without being directed by my brain - it was being directly controlled by my gustatory impulses. I swear!

Album of the day: Fashion Nugget by... Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment