Thursday, July 12, 2012

Exciting competitions

I was trying to find something to keep some of my regular young customers busy during the long school holiday days. As I'm a compulsive reader myself I'm keen to encourage reading among others, so I brought in a couple of rather tasty (or maybe tasteless...) vinyl albums and offered them up as prizes for those who completed a book review for me.
To my surprise, some of the children were pretty keen, which leads me to believe that maybe they didn't quite know what a vinyl record is, and maybe they thought it was something else a bit cooler.
Hopefully they're enjoying them as posters anyway!
For your viewing pleasure, here's the cover of the Bobby Brown 12" single:
Even though he was apparently a nasty man, one can still appreciate his fine millinery.

Song of the week: Wonderlust King by Gogol Bordello. Gypsy punk madness.

Book of the week: The Silk Roads by Paul Wilson. More than a travel guide, also a great source for the history of places along the Silk Road(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment