When I started my contract at the Roslyn Library I brought along a really cheap electric guitar so that I could play it at lunchtime.
Every so often I'd let some of the kids play it. This week I brought along my TurkbyTone "Backless Special" as well, to show to the pre-school kids who come to the Jumping Jellybeans story+craft sessions.
Here's a picture of it, being played by one of the older kids.
Pretty stylish, huh?! Yes, the old guitar had a problem so I fixed it. I fixed it good.
So anyway, I had two guitars at the library and it's been really cool seeing people have a go on them. Some of the kids have great rhythm even if they don't know any chords.
One of my customers had learned a few chords from friends, and I was stoked to see him doing this:
He called up some YouTube lessons and played along in the library - fantastic! That's what I reckon we're all about!
In other news, last week the Library Manager announced the people who will be our new Management Team as part the Library's restructuring. None of the previous library management team members were re-hired. The head of (what was previously) the Community Services area is still there, along with three new managers. So, effectively, the previous management team has been fired.
(Disclosure: my partner is one of those who lost her job.)
Song of the day: I Was In The House When the House Burned Down by Warren Zevon
But to cheer you all up after that, here's a clip of some of the kittens we fostered for the SPCA, helping Pauline with her filing:
Every so often I'd let some of the kids play it. This week I brought along my TurkbyTone "Backless Special" as well, to show to the pre-school kids who come to the Jumping Jellybeans story+craft sessions.
Here's a picture of it, being played by one of the older kids.
Pretty stylish, huh?! Yes, the old guitar had a problem so I fixed it. I fixed it good.
So anyway, I had two guitars at the library and it's been really cool seeing people have a go on them. Some of the kids have great rhythm even if they don't know any chords.
One of my customers had learned a few chords from friends, and I was stoked to see him doing this:
He called up some YouTube lessons and played along in the library - fantastic! That's what I reckon we're all about!
In other news, last week the Library Manager announced the people who will be our new Management Team as part the Library's restructuring. None of the previous library management team members were re-hired. The head of (what was previously) the Community Services area is still there, along with three new managers. So, effectively, the previous management team has been fired.
(Disclosure: my partner is one of those who lost her job.)
Song of the day: I Was In The House When the House Burned Down by Warren Zevon
But to cheer you all up after that, here's a clip of some of the kittens we fostered for the SPCA, helping Pauline with her filing:
No comments:
Post a Comment