...as the Rolling Stones might have sung.
Last night we had the Tuesday Bluesday year-end finale, and since my contract finishes next week (the 21st of December) it might be the last Tuesday Bluesday ever!
But I do hope that someone in the community keeps them going in some format. There's a lot of talent out there, and also a lot of people who would like to support it.
Harry Lilley couldn't make it last night, so the performers were: the Library's hard-hitting triumvirate Rob, Stuart and me, playing as three-fifths of the Shufti band (photos to come - maybe); and the talented, humourous, folky folk from Pict Off (Hugh Dingwall and Fraser Greig).
I'd like to say that these guys just keep getting better, but they were already pretty good! So let's just say I thank them most humbly for turning up to the finale concert, and helping me to farewell the Roslyn Library in fine style.
This week Roslyn School finishes for the year, so I probably only have a few more days to make the kids groan with my bad jokes and "old man" musical tastes. ("Put some Led Zeppelin on your iPod, you have enough One Direction already!")
And then the week after that we'll be winding down for Christmas, so I'll only have a few days to make the adult patrons groan with my bad jokes and dubious book recommendations.("If you like John Grisham, you'll love Jasper Fforde!")
I will try to organise something extremely silly as a farewell though, so there may yet be another post on this blog after this one!
Thanks for reading,
Craig
Song of the day: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, by the aforementioned Led Zeppelin.
Last night we had the Tuesday Bluesday year-end finale, and since my contract finishes next week (the 21st of December) it might be the last Tuesday Bluesday ever!
But I do hope that someone in the community keeps them going in some format. There's a lot of talent out there, and also a lot of people who would like to support it.
Harry Lilley couldn't make it last night, so the performers were: the Library's hard-hitting triumvirate Rob, Stuart and me, playing as three-fifths of the Shufti band (photos to come - maybe); and the talented, humourous, folky folk from Pict Off (Hugh Dingwall and Fraser Greig).
I'd like to say that these guys just keep getting better, but they were already pretty good! So let's just say I thank them most humbly for turning up to the finale concert, and helping me to farewell the Roslyn Library in fine style.
This week Roslyn School finishes for the year, so I probably only have a few more days to make the kids groan with my bad jokes and "old man" musical tastes. ("Put some Led Zeppelin on your iPod, you have enough One Direction already!")
And then the week after that we'll be winding down for Christmas, so I'll only have a few days to make the adult patrons groan with my bad jokes and dubious book recommendations.("If you like John Grisham, you'll love Jasper Fforde!")
I will try to organise something extremely silly as a farewell though, so there may yet be another post on this blog after this one!
Thanks for reading,
Craig
Song of the day: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, by the aforementioned Led Zeppelin.
No comments:
Post a Comment